Saturday, July 19, 2008

Quant Schmant

I am now one half done with my Quant Skills Basic Assessment studyinig. All I have left now are Logarithms, Exponents, and basic Calculus. I might be overkilling by studying so much prior to taking the test, but then hopefully that's balanced out by the fact that I'll only have to take the test once instead of twice or even three times! And, God forbid...I fail it three times and actually have to take the remedial tutoring package...

I figured I'd call this blog "Blue/LanGoneCrazy" because my school color from undergrad is Blue, and Lan is Blue in Chinese. Gone Crazy is self-explanatory...I'm inflicting full-time work + part-time school + relationship on myself.

I'm listening to Kelly Clarkson's "Walk Away". Damn, that woman sure is inspirational! I hope to have the success she has in her little pinky in a couple of years. I can definitely see why they call it an "Anthem" song that everyone can just jam to in their cars. I jammed to it when I heard it on the radio the other day, and after downloading it I've played it like 30 times!

"Well if you don't have the answer, Why you still standing here? Hey, hey hey!! JUST WALK AWAY"

It's fun to sing but I guess it's easier belted out than done. When you're in a relationship there's a lot of icky muck, but there's also a bunch of feelings tying you down and preventing you from otherwise leaving. I've invested 2 years of time and effort and feelings into this relationship, and I'm not going to let it just go down the tubes. When I move back to NYC, we're going to go to counseling and try to make things work before calling it quits.

No comments: